Prep 20 mins
Cook 23 mins
This turned out surprisingly well. If your hungry make 2.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/4 wide strips
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/4 wide strips
- 1 small onion, slivered lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 small ripe plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can prepared pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place large, well-seasoned cast iron skillet over moderate heat.
- Add olive oil and swirl around pan to coat.
- Add both peppers and onion; sauté to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon water and cook until tender, about 2 minutes longer.
- Add garlic, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and arrange sliced tomatoes over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Unroll pizza dough.
- Trim corners off (or fold under) and arrange dough over vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden brown.
- Invert serving plate over pan (run knife around dough if stuck to pan) and invert both, holding firmly with potholders, to unmold pizza.
- Replace any vegetables that may remain in skillet.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, cut and serve immediately.