- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425. In a deep ovenproof skillet, cook crumbled beef and scallions over medium heat until browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Drain off any fat. Stir in pizza sauce, mushrooms and green pepper. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over meat mixture. In a bowl, whisk together flour, milk and egg until well blended.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spread batter evenly over meat mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until light golden. Cut into wedges and serve.