Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A new twist for an old favorite
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- In saucepan, cook potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, mash with milk, butter and half the salt.
- Spread in 8 cup casserole dish.
- In nonstick skillet cook beef, onion and garlic stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Spoon off any fat.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Stir in com, stock, ketchup, Worcestershire, pepper and remaining salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Spoon over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and broil until melted.
- Sprinkle with green pepper.
This is a great recipe! The flavor is awesome and I had everything on hand, that's always a plus. I cheated a little and made extra mashed potatoes last night, knowing I was planning to make this dish tonight, it saved me a little time. The only change I made was to throw the remainder of the bell pepper in with the onion and garlic mixture, didn't want it to go to waste. I served the pie with Green Chile'n Cheese Biscuit and a side salad with the dressing from Pear & Walnut Salad W/Creamy Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing. I am very pleased with how the meal turned out. Thanks so much for the awesome recipe! I will certainly be making it again.
Different and fun way to make shepherd's pie!! Made as is - love the Worcestershire, beef stock and ketchup mix - made for a different pie! Thanks for sharing! :)
This was absolutely the yummiest sheps pie I have ever made!Instead of putting it in a casserole dish I used a springform cake tin so I could show all the layers of the pie.Will deffo be making this again.