Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick and simple recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup biscuit mix or 1 cup baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into a greased 8 inch square baking dish. Top with mushrooms, green pepper, sausage and 1/2 cup cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, egg and milk until blended.Pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
This made for a nice and easy supper for DH tonight. I like the option of being able to use different pizza ingredients. I opted out of using green pepper and mushrooms and stuck with just the sausage. Thanks for a great go-to meal Morgain. Made for AURecipeswap~
Great and easy to make dish, the grandkids loved it. I used fresh mushrooms that I sauted with the green peppers before adding to the dish. Made for everyday's a holiday tag.
This recipe is so easy and very tasty. I have always liked biscuit mix recipes for their ease and have used them several in the past when short of time. I followed the recipe with some exceptions. I did not have fresh mushrooms and used mixed dry mushrooms soaked in water for about 15 minutes, squeezed dry, and sauteed in olive oil until lightly browned to bring out the taste of mushrooms more and also added sliced 1/2 onion with green peppers also lightly sauteed. Highly recommended for quick tasty recipe. Thank you for submitting this yummy recipe.