1/7 Photos of Upside-Down Sausage and Mushroom Pizza
Meredith K.'s Note:
I saw this on Robin Miller's Quick Fix Meals, and it looks so good and easy that I had to post it for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through, breaking up the meat as it cooks with a wooden spoon.
- 3Add onion and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes, until soft.
- 4Add pasta sauce, pizza sauce and olives and bring to a simmer, about 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and transfer sauce to the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch baking dish.
- 6Top with mozzarella cheese.
- 7In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil until blended.
- 8Whisk in flour and salt until well blended.
- 9Pour mixture over sauce in pan.
- 10Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 11Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 12Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Sausage and Mushroom Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.8
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 179.6 mg
- Sodium 1978.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 38.4 g