1/4 Photos of Upside-Down Rhubarb Muffins
I found this in a country cooking cookbook. It is not overly sweet which is why I enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine rhubarb, melted butter and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- 2Divide amongst 12 greased muffin cups.
- 3Beat together butter, sugar and egg until fluffy.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir just to moisten.
- 5Spoon into muffin cups, on top of rhubarb mixture.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 7Invert on cooling rack and leave pan over muffins for a few minutes so all rhubarb moisture runs out.
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Rhubarb Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.7
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 250.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g