Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in a country cooking cookbook. It is not overly sweet which is why I enjoy it.
- 1 cup rhubarb, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup soft butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Combine rhubarb, melted butter and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Divide amongst 12 greased muffin cups.
- Beat together butter, sugar and egg until fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir just to moisten.
- Spoon into muffin cups, on top of rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Invert on cooling rack and leave pan over muffins for a few minutes so all rhubarb moisture runs out.
- Serve warm.
I had some frozen rhubarb in the freezer and these sounded so good I had to make some. They are absolutely delicious and we all enjoyed them, believe it or not 4 of us ate them all in one day! These would be good with other fruit too. I will be trying strawberries next!
These are sooo good. I absolutely love the tart/sweet taste that comes through from the sugar/rhubarb combo. I also added in a handful of redraspberries. DELISH!!!!
Made for KK's recipetag~
These muffins were absolutely Yummy !!! Took 20 minutes in my oven. Your right they are not overly sweet at all. They were perfect, I just love rhubarb. Thanks for sharing this recipe Pink Diamond.