Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Tracie Skaurud. She says she freezes the rhubarb all year long to make this anytime.
- 1 package white cake mix or 1 package yellow cake mix
- oil, for cake mix
- water, for cake mix
- egg, for cake mix
- 3 -4 cups rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar (or more to taste)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Mix cake to box directions.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan, greased.
- Cut rhubarb into small pieces and spread over cake mix.
- Pour sugar and cream evenly over top.
- Bake according to cake box, dont over bake!
- The rhubarb and cream mixture will sink to the bottom while baking.
A lovely cake. We cut back a little on the sugar because we aren't into extra sweet.
We love this recipe. We have been making it for years. I lost my recipe when I moved. I was so glad to find this on here I was scared I would not find this. Thanks so much for posting this. It is so tasty. My dh loves this cake and he is not a cake eater. I like how makes a custard on the bottom of the pan. Yummy
My husband was so excited to bring home some rhubarb for this cake. We love this! Only complaint it makes a mess in the oven (but is worth it)