Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Upside-Down Red Velvet Pudding Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- chocolate curls
- Filling-in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips, cream, and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl.
- Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and freeze about 1 hour or until fudge-like in consistency.
- Meanwhile, allow 1/4 cup butter and egg to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat eight 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins with cooking spray; arrange in a 15 x 10 inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the 1/4 cup butter with an electric mixer on med-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed until combined.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes more, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg, food coloring, and vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda and vinegar; stir into batter.
- Divide half the batter among the prepared custard cups.
- Divide filling into eight portions.
- Working quickly, use your hands to roll each portion into a ball.
- Place a ball of filling on top of the batter in each custard cup; do not allow the filling to touch sides of cups.
- Spoon the remaining batter into custard cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Using a knife, loosen cakes from side of cups; invert onto dessert plates.
- Spoon any filling remaining in cups on top of cakes.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.