1/2 Photos of Upside-Down Raisin Carrot Cake
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
This is an attractive and delicious combination of two excellent types of cake. I found this years ago in a magazine ad for raisins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- 2Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet. Blend in brown sugar.
- 3Arrange pineapple over brown sugar/butter mixture and top with 1/2 cup raisins.
- 4Beat remaining 1/4 cup butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Beat in eggs, vanilla and carrots.
- 6Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- 7Beat 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the creamed butter and sugar.
- 8Beat in half of reserved pineapple juice till blended.
- 9Beat in another 1/3 of dry mixture, followed by remaining pineapple juice.
- 10Beat in remaining third of dry ingredients.
- 11Fold in remaining 1/2 cup raisins.
- 12Pour batter over pineapple in ovenproof skillet.
- 13Bake in 350 oven 40-45 minutes.
- 14Let stand 5 minutes before inverting on serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Raisin Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.8
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 364.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 50.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g