This is an attractive and delicious combination of two excellent types of cake. I found this years ago in a magazine ad for raisins.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet. Blend in brown sugar.
- Arrange pineapple over brown sugar/butter mixture and top with 1/2 cup raisins.
- Beat remaining 1/4 cup butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and carrots.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Beat 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the creamed butter and sugar.
- Beat in half of reserved pineapple juice till blended.
- Beat in another 1/3 of dry mixture, followed by remaining pineapple juice.
- Beat in remaining third of dry ingredients.
- Fold in remaining 1/2 cup raisins.
- Pour batter over pineapple in ovenproof skillet.
- Bake in 350 oven 40-45 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before inverting on serving plate.