Kind of a cross between pumpkin pie and cake. Walnuts can be substituted for pecans.
Make and share this Upside Down Pumpkin Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, blend pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, salt, sugar, eggs and milk.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix and nuts over the batter.
- Pour melted butter over the cake.
- Bake in oven for 60 minutes and let cool.
- The cake will be "liquidy" at first, but will solidify as it cools.
This was fantastic! So creamy and good. I did reduce the sugar amount to 1 1/4 cups and it was great. Will make this many more times I'm sure. Thanks for posting.
Made for Edition 2 Game of Tag. It doesn't get any easier than this. Whips together in no time. Serve with whipped cream and you will have a wonderful and easy dessert that looks like you spent a lot of time on it. I will definitely be making this for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanks for a wonderful recipe, Juenessa.