1 hr 20 mins
The caramel from the butter and sugar and the juice from the plums goes right through the cake when inverted, making it even more delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4 Italian plums, not peeled, each cut into 6 wedges (use more if you like plums!)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Pour the melted butter into a 10" springform cake pan.
- 3Swirl the butter around to totally cover the inside surfaces of the pan.
- 4Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- 5Arrange the plum wedges in a single layer and drizzle with the lime juice.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon for the batter and set aside.
- 8Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 9Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- 10Alternating, add a third of the dry ingredients and a third of the milk to the creamed butter mixture until both are used up.
- 11Beat in between additions.
- 12Scrape down the side and beat for 1 minute.
- 13Pour the batter over the plum wedges in the cake pan.
- 14Bake for about 1 hour.
- 15The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 16Leave the cake in the pan and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 17Invert onto a plate and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down Plum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 276.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g