- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 to 6 ounces)
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large skillet cook beef until brown. Drain off fat. Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, and olives (if using). Heat through. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Flatten each biscuit with your hands. Arrange the biscuits on top of cheese. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until biscuits are golden.
- Makes 5 servings.