Recipe by mmlwjr
This is so easy and can be frozen. You can add any other fixing you like after the meat mixture on the bottom. Great to make ahead for company..35
Top Review by AmyMCGS
Everyone (2 adults, 4 year-old, and a 1 year-old) loved this. I only used one pound of ground beef, and that worked out fine. I used Recipe #110077 for the sauce, and added in a can of diced tomatoes. The crust and the cheese bake together to form a cheesy, chewy top that we all enjoyed. The leftovers are enough for another whole meal for us. Thanks for sharing! :)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup green peppers (or combination) or 1 cup red peppers (or combination) or 1 cup yellow pepper (or combination)
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian spices
- 1 package sliced pepperoni
- grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry beef, onion and peppers until beef is no longer pink.
- Add sauce and spices.
- Turn into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Arrange pepperoni slices over beef mixture.
- Cover with cheese slices.
- CRUST: Beat eggs in bowl, add milk and oil.
- Beat on low speed until blended.
- Add flour.
- Pour over cheese.
- Smooth top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Bake as directed then cool. freeze at this point. When you want to eat this, thaw and reheat.