Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
never mind the kids, this looks like something i would like. from a taste of home.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sausage meat, out of casings
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- in a saute pan cook sausage, onions, pepper, and basil until meat is browned.
- drain fat stir in 1/4 c flour add tomato sauce, bring to a boil transfer to a greased 13x9x2" pan
- top with mozarella cheese
- in a large bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, oil and salt, mix well. stir in parmesan. pour over sausage mixture bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until topping is light brown.
I made this recipe ahead of time, when I needed to make some meals ahead of time. I popped this in the oven at 350 degrees and an hour later it was fabulous!! I am going to make this again!
Loved this!! So easy that my husband put it together while I was at work. Smelled heavenly when I walked in and tasted even better. We used hot sausage, because that is what we had in the freezer and it turned out great. The only complaint from the kids was that there was too much meat (maybe because it was spicy)!? Next time we are going to try sweet sausage and maybe try a ground beef variation and add a bit of pepperoni. The sauce is so rich and flavorful...hard to believe it comes from canned tomato sauce. Thanks for sharing this...a recipe my husband can make and we can all eat and enjoy!
yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy... I wish I could give this 10 stars :) It is easily adapted to Gluten free by using White Rice Flour.