Recipe by chia
never mind the kids, this looks like something i would like. from a taste of home.
Top Review by Sidd
I made this recipe ahead of time, when I needed to make some meals ahead of time. I popped this in the oven at 350 degrees and an hour later it was fabulous!! I am going to make this again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sausage meat, out of casings
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- in a saute pan cook sausage, onions, pepper, and basil until meat is browned.
- drain fat stir in 1/4 c flour add tomato sauce, bring to a boil transfer to a greased 13x9x2" pan
- top with mozarella cheese
- in a large bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, oil and salt, mix well. stir in parmesan. pour over sausage mixture bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until topping is light brown.