Recipe by WJKing
This is SOOOOOOOOooooo yummy! Absolutely one of our kids' favorite meals! My DS's love to help prepare this one, and they always eat seconds of this! ENJOY! Great served along with a green salad and applesauce!
- 1 lb sausage, browned
- 1 lb hamburger, browned (beef, venison, or turkey)
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 16 ounces low-fat (or regular) sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs grated pizza cheese or 1 1⁄2 lbs mozzarella cheese
- 1 package crescent roll
- green pepper (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- pepperoni (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sausage, burger, 1/2 of the sour cream & the pizza sauce.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan.
- Add toppings (green peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni, or any other toppings you prefer) Bake 10-15 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven& put remaining half of the sour cream& most of the cheese on the top. (reserve approx. 1/2 - 3/4 c. cheese for the very top)
- Layer the crescent rolls over the cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of crescents.
- Bake at 425 for 10-20 minutes, or until crescents are baked thoroughly, and golden brown.