Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve with a little extra drizzle of golden syrup and a dab of whipped cream. Try it with other fruits such as apple or peaches.
- Preheat oven to 200°C Lightly grease 6 muffin tins.
- Place one tsp golden syrup into each muffin tin and top with a pineapple ring. You may need to cut a small wedge out of each ring to make it fit in the tin.
- Sift together flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir in sugar and make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk together the melted butter, eggs, pineapple juice, milk and vanilla.
- Fold egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir quickly to combine.
- Spoon mixture on top of pineapple ring and back for 12 - 15 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
How perfect are these?!?! Wonderfully light. The only thing I changed was to use canned apricots instead of pineapple. They worked out well enough except that I had a bit of a hard time getting them out of the tin. I waited 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven before I took them out of the tins. I think that next time I will take them out of the tins sooner. Also, I doubled the recipe with great success. With a full tin of 12 muffins, mine took 14 minutes in the oven. I will make these again and again! Thanks so much for posting!