Recipe by jme #816
It's a great twist to the original pineapple upside down cake. very easy to make. It's super moist and extremely yummy!
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple (reserve juice)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, divided)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray cake pan and place on burner with 1 stick of butter.
- As butter melts, add 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Drain can of crushed pineapple (save the juice) and add crushed pineapple to butter-sugar mixture.
- Take pan off burner and set to the side.
- In mixing bowl combine 1 stick of butter (softened or melted), 1 tbs of cinnamon, 1 box of yellow cake mix, pineapple juice, applesauce, water, and eggs.
- Pour cake mixture on top of butter-sugar-pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.