1/1 Photo of Upside Down Pina Colada Cake
Larkspur Lily's Note:
In honor of "coconut" our ingredient of the month, I'd like to share a modified version of a recipe my mother-in-law gave me. Its easy, looks fancy, and tastes great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (f).
- 2Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using eggs, water, and oil.
- 3Add grated coconut being careful not to overmix; batter should have some texture.
- 4Set batter aside.
- 5Grease 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- 6Arrange pineapple slices in bottom of pan.
- 7Further decorate with cherries in center of and inbetween each pineapple ring.
- 8You will not need all cherries.
- 9Pour batter into cake pan.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees (f) for 30-35 minutes or until cakes tests done by inserting a toothpick into center.
- 11Serve warm or cold.
- 12I do not frost this cake since I serve it upside down and it is rich enough without frosting.
- 13It looks classy but is so easy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down Pina Colada Cake
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.3
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 305.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g