In honor of "coconut" our ingredient of the month, I'd like to share a modified version of a recipe my mother-in-law gave me. Its easy, looks fancy, and tastes great!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (f).
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using eggs, water, and oil.
- Add grated coconut being careful not to overmix; batter should have some texture.
- Set batter aside.
- Grease 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange pineapple slices in bottom of pan.
- Further decorate with cherries in center of and inbetween each pineapple ring.
- You will not need all cherries.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (f) for 30-35 minutes or until cakes tests done by inserting a toothpick into center.
- Serve warm or cold.
- I do not frost this cake since I serve it upside down and it is rich enough without frosting.
- It looks classy but is so easy.