Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fun and easy take on pepperoni pizza - one of my sons favorites. Great one-dish meal!
Make and share this Upside Down Pepperoni Pizza Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 5 ounces turkey pepperoni, slices
- 3 -4 ounces low fat mozzarella, shredded
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) packagegrands homestyle refrigerated reduced-fat buttermilk biscuits, separated and cut into fourths
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare baking dish (I use a 1.75qt oval baker).
- Over medium heat, combine the ground beef, onion and garlic in a large skillet until beef is browned.
- Add the mushrooms, olives, pepperoni and tomato sauce and heat through.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Top randomly with biscuit pieces.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until biscuits are browned and casserole is bubbly.
YUM, YUM, YUM, delicious, the only change I made is that I put half the mixture in the dish, sprinkled cheese over, then put the rest of the meat mix over that, sprinkled with cheese and then put the biscuits. My husband said this is a keeper.
This is an Excellent Recipe for the Dutch Oven.
this was a big hit at my house. everyone loved it! its so quick and easy great for those really busy days.