Fun and easy take on pepperoni pizza - one of my sons favorites. Great one-dish meal!
Make and share this Upside Down Pepperoni Pizza Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 5 ounces turkey pepperoni, slices
- 3 -4 ounces low fat mozzarella, shredded
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) packagegrands homestyle refrigerated reduced-fat buttermilk biscuits, separated and cut into fourths
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare baking dish (I use a 1.75qt oval baker).
- Over medium heat, combine the ground beef, onion and garlic in a large skillet until beef is browned.
- Add the mushrooms, olives, pepperoni and tomato sauce and heat through.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Top randomly with biscuit pieces.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until biscuits are browned and casserole is bubbly.