1 hr 10 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Everyday Food October 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet; toast until crisp, about 7 minutes.
- 3Let cool, then coarsely chop 1/2 cup pecans. Set remaining aside.
- 4Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 9-inch round cake pan; heat in the oven until melted, about 3 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven; sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over butter. Scatter chopped nuts over sugar; set aside.
- 6In a food processor, process reserved pecans and flour until nuts are very finely ground. Set aside.
- 7Beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- 8Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- 9In a small bowl, combine flour mixture, baking powder, and salt; fold into egg mixture. Stir in zest.
- 10Pour into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- 11Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 12Cool 10 minutes in pan; invert onto a rack to cool completely, bottom side up so the butter-pecan layer is on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Pecan Cake
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.7
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.4 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g