Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Everyday Food October 2005.
Make and share this Upside-Down Pecan Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet; toast until crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Let cool, then coarsely chop 1/2 cup pecans. Set remaining aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 9-inch round cake pan; heat in the oven until melted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over butter. Scatter chopped nuts over sugar; set aside.
- In a food processor, process reserved pecans and flour until nuts are very finely ground. Set aside.
- Beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour mixture, baking powder, and salt; fold into egg mixture. Stir in zest.
- Pour into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan; invert onto a rack to cool completely, bottom side up so the butter-pecan layer is on top.
This sounds so yummy, I can't wait to try it. Thanks, luvnewrecipes2