Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The recipe comes from my bread machine instructions. I made it 2-3 years ago and it was really good.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 2⁄3 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
Brown sugar-nut syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Measure first 8 ingredients in the order listed into Baking Pan.
- Insert Baking Pan into oven chamber; twist to secure. Close lid.
- Select : Dough/Pasta Setting. Press Start.
- Meanwhile, prepare syrup : Boil together butter, water and brown sugar for 1 minute. Immediately, pour into a 9 x 13 inch (23 cm x 33 cm) pan; tilt pan to cover bottom evenly. Arrange pecans, flat side up, on syrup.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to a lightly floured surface. If necessary, knead in enough flour to make dough easy to handle. Roll dough into a 12 x 18 inch (30 cm x 46 cm) rectangle. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle evenly with a mixture of brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Starting at large side, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Pinch edge to seal. Cut roll into 12 equal pieces. Place over Syrup. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until double in volume. Remove cover.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 minutes. Loosen edges and invert onto serving tray.
The filling is worth 5 stars itself... What a way to start off the morning.. Great flavors here just right. Great recipe you have and thanks for sharing this gem. Made for PRMR ..