Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a beautiful tart.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 5 medium firm northwest winter pears, peeled cored and cut into eights
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pasty for 9-inch pie shell
- vanilla yogurt
- Heat sugar over medium heat in a heavy 10 inch skillet with a oven safe handle until the syrup is light brown in color. Remove from heat and add butter and lemon peel. Stir until butter melts.
- Arrange pears in two layers over the hot sugar mixture in skillet filling open spaces with pears slices; sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Roll pastry to a 10-inch round and place over pears.
- Bake at 425°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until pasty is golden brown. Cool in pan for 30 minutes. if there seems to be too much sauce in the pan, pour excess sauce in a 1 pint container and use to serve on tart, invert the tart onto shallow serving dish serve with warm yogurt.