Adaptation to a common French recipe, the tarte tatin. The crust will be on TOP of the pears, not under
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Butter a 9" cake pan, circular if possible at least 2" deep.
- 3For the dough: chop up 1 cup of butter into the flour. Rub the butter into the butter with your fingers until the mixture looks sandy.
- 4Add the water water to the dough and try to make a ball.You may need to add more water.
- 5Place ball of dough on a floured surface and roll out large enough to be a little wider than your pan.
- 6Cut and peel pears into sixths or quarters.
- 7Toss pear gently with the sugar and place all at the bottom of the pan.
- 8Chop up the remaining butter and scatter on top of pears.
- 9Carefully take dough and put on top of pears.If possible, tuck sides into pan.
- 10Use a fork to make holes in the dough for air to escape.
- 11Bake for 20 minutes, then start checking every few minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- 12After pie has cooled for 5 minutes, flip the pie onto a serving platter so that the pears are seen.
- 13Serve with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Pear Tart
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.9
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 208.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 37.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g