Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened and divided
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh pears
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 5 pecan halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with 3 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar; arrange pear slices in a pinwheel pattern on brown sugar.
- Place maraschino cherries and pecan halves in center of pinwheel.
- Beat remaining ½ cup plus 1 tablespoons butter at medium speed using an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add in sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Add in sour cream, beating until smooth.
- Add in flour and the next 3 ingredients, beating until batter is smooth.
- Spoon batter evenly over arranged pears.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 45-50 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove side of pan; invert onto a serving plate, and remove bottom of pan.