A decandent dessert option that I found online. The combination of pears and cinnamon is great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt the butter in a small pan, then add the brown sugar. Cook gently for 1-2 minutes, stirring until smooth.
- 3Pour into the base of a 8x8 in square cake tin. Place the pears on top, cut side down, positioning a pecan nut in each pear cavity.
- 4Melt the shortening and leave it to cool. Sift the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and spices together three times then put them in a bowl.
- 5Break the egg into a second bowl, beat lightly then blend in the golden syrup, brown sugar, soured milk and shortening.
- 6Stir into the dry ingredients then, with a wooden spoon, beat for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- 7Pour on top of the pears.
- 8Bake the gingerbread for 40-45 minutes.
- 9Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, loosen from the sides and invert onto a serving plate.
- 10Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Pear and Gingerbread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.2
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 297.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 45.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g