Recipe by ketchup
I like this because it is not too sweet. I adapted it from a mango cake in an old issue of Food and Wine Mag.
- 1 tablespoon light margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 8 ounces cans peaches in light syrup, drained (or more if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 9" cast iron skillet place topping margarine over heat and melt with topping brown sugar.
- Remove from heat and place peaches in a circle around the skillet in the mixture.
- For cake_ mix all cake ingredients together well and dollop spoonfuls on top of peaches in skillet carefully.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- If any peaches stick to skillet remove with a spatula and place back on top.
- Serve warm.