Recipe by Miss Fannie
I found this recipe in a church cookbook. I am looking forward to trying it. It sounds delicious.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
This recipe is really delicious. The only thing I didn't like was the cream cheese so I will leave that out next time. I made this for dinner, preparing it in the morning to "marinate" all day. Super simple, delicious, sweet treat for us tonight. Thank you Miss Fannie! Made for Rookie Recipe Tag ~Summer 2013~.
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 slices French bread, sliced 3/4 inch thick
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Place melted butter in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Combine the sugar, pecans, orange peel, and cinnamon;sprinkle over the butter. Arrange bread in the baking dish. Dot with cream cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, orange liqueur, and butter flavoring. Pour over the bread. cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered at. 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. To serve, invert slices onto plate.