Recipe by JackieOhNo!
It seems like the summer stone fruit season is far too short. This is a nice change of pace cake, which can also be made with peaches instead.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Not only was this an easy simple recipe, but WOW !! VERY TASTY AND FLAVORFUL TOO. I did use nectarines and I cut back on the salt a hair. Other than that recipe was made as posted. GOT to save this one. Made for PRMR tag.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 ripe nectarines, halved, pitted, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare topping: Place 2 T. butter in small skillet and melt over medium heat. Add sugar and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Transfer to 9-inch round cake pan and spread evenly. Arrange nectarines overlapping in concentric circles in pan.
- Prepare cake batter: Beat butter in mixer bowl until creamy. Add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until blended. Stir milk and vanilla together, pour into batter, and mix until blended. Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together in small bowl, add to batter, and mix on low speed just until blended. Spread batter evenly over nectarines.
- Bake cake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cool on wire rack 10 minutes, then invert onto serving platter. Let cool another 30 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.