1/3 Photos of Upside Down Nacho Bake
This quick & easy meal from Canadian Living starts on the stove and finishes in the oven while you set the table. This makes a lot--appetite sizes will determine the number of servings, but its perfect for a weeknight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minces
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup broken baked tortillas or 1 cup corn chips
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1Using a very large nonstick ovenproof skillet, saute beef over medium-high heat, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes; drain off fat.
- 2Add onion, peppers, seasonings and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add beans, tomatoes & paste and bring to a boil; reduce heat & simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in corn and sprinkle chips & cheese over the top.
- 5Bake in preheated 375F oven until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes; sprinkle with onion.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down Nacho Bake
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.2
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.9 mg
- Sodium 1105.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: