Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great meatloaf that glazes itself while it bakes. When turned out onto platter, sauce that baked on the bottom will be on the top. Very easy and delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Mix together ketchup, brown sugar and water and pour into an 8x4 loaf pan.
- Combine and mix thoroughly the rest of ingredients.
- Press into loaf pan over sauce mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Turn out onto platter; bottom side will become the top.
This was excellent! I substituted dry onion soup mix for the onion, salt and pepper (as I always do) and added a little prepared horseradish to the meat mixture. It took longer then the 60 minutes, but it was worth the wait! It was delicious.
There are sooo many meatloaf recipes on this site ! The reason I picked this one was because the sauce would not become dried outas it was underneath. I added a small can mushrooms and substituted a packet of Liptons onion soup for the chopped onion, and may I say this was fantastic..firm, meaty and juicy and so tasty. Thank you Marie, this goes into my must do over and over again.
What a delicious meatloaf! Turned out perfect, the "sauce" had a nice sweet flavour. I also added a packet of onion soup mix & some grated carrot to the ground beef mixture.