Recipe by Marie
A great meatloaf that glazes itself while it bakes. When turned out onto platter, sauce that baked on the bottom will be on the top. Very easy and delicious!
Top Review by Cookin it up
This was excellent! I substituted dry onion soup mix for the onion, salt and pepper (as I always do) and added a little prepared horseradish to the meat mixture. It took longer then the 60 minutes, but it was worth the wait! It was delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together ketchup, brown sugar and water and pour into an 8x4 loaf pan.
- Combine and mix thoroughly the rest of ingredients.
- Press into loaf pan over sauce mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Turn out onto platter; bottom side will become the top.