Recipe by Pinay0618
Found this recipe at cooking.com ... mango and lime sounds so perfect for a barbecue party.
- 3 mangoes
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped into small pieces
- cream or ice cream, for serving
For the Syrup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch springform cake pan.
- Peel and pit the mangoes. Cut into thin strips. Arrange mango slices on the bottom of the pan, covering it completely.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together the flour and baking powder and fold into the butter mixture alternately with the lime zest, lime juice and macadamia nuts.
- Pour the batter over the mango slices. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes more, until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- FOR THE SYRUP: Combine the lime juice and sugar in a small nonaluminum saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and boil for 3-4 minutes, until the syrup thickens slightly. Invert the cake onto a serving plate and brush with the lime syrup.
- Serve immediately with cream or ice cream.