Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- In bowl blend butter, egg yolks and lemon juice, stir in zest, salt, sugar and flour beat til smooth; add milk and stir to blend.
- Beat egg whites til stiff but not dry; fold whites into yolk mixture; turn into 6 buttered custard cups set in pan of hot water bake 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Chill, Turn out onto dessert dish upside down.
This was extremely tasty, but make sure you beat the eggs until foamy or else the consistency will be more like pudding.
Hubby said he would give this a 10.Next time I make it I will cut the Splenda [ sugar ] by 1/2.,as we like it a bit tart.And I will make it again.