Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great use for the left over baked ham. I've had this recipe for years on old 3X5 index card. My best friend also adds 3 tablespoons of grated onions, but I don't care fot the onions in this dish.
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups ground cooked ham
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 3⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I omit)
- 1 (16 ounce) can prunes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I do not omit this salt)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice (I use just a pinch)
- Ham Loaf:.
- Combine brown sugar and cloves; pat in bottom of a 9X5X3 inch loaf pan.
- Combine meats, corn flake crumbs, eggs, milk, green pepper, and salt; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Invert on to serving platter and serve with Plum Sauce.
- Plum Sauce:.
- Drain plums, reserving juice; pit plums and set aside.
- Combine plum juice, lemon juice, cinnamon stick, and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water; add to juice mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in allspice.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- (about 1 minute).
- Remove from Heat and stir in plums.
- Remove cinnamon stick.