1/1 Photo of Upside-Down Gingerbread With Cranberries and Pineapple
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
This cake reminds me of "Little Women," because it makes me feel old-fashioned and cozy with the ginger smell. My daughter enjoyed it very much and my husband said he likes it better than regular pineapple upside-down cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 226.79 g can pineapple chunks, drained
- 177.44 ml fresh or frozen cranberries
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans or 59.14 ml walnuts
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter.
- 3Spread in bottom of ungreased 8 or 9inch square pan.
- 4(Despite the recipe saying"ungreased" I like to lightly spray it with Pam, since when I didn't, a bit of the topping stuck to pan).
- 5Arrange pineapple, cranberries, and nuts over sugar mixture.
- 6In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice.
- 7Add all remaining gingerbread ingredients and blend well.
- 8Pour batter evenly over pineapple, cranberries, and nuts.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 10Serve warm with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Gingerbread With Cranberries and Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.7
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 289.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g