Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Taste of Home. It's a scratch cake, so it takes a little time, but it looks really delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) package German sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- whipped topping (optional)
- In saucepan over low heat, cook and stir brown sugar and butter until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- Spread into a greased 9" square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans and coconut.
- Drizzle with evaporated milk.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the chocolate, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Add to the buttermilk.
- Pour over topping in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Serve with whipped topping if desired.