Recipe Junkie's Note:
This is from Taste of Home. It's a scratch cake, so it takes a little time, but it looks really delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1In saucepan over low heat, cook and stir brown sugar and butter until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- 2Spread into a greased 9" square baking pan.
- 3Sprinkle with pecans and coconut.
- 4Drizzle with evaporated milk.
- 5Set aside.
- 6In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 7Beat in the chocolate, eggs and vanilla.
- 8Combine the dry ingredients.
- 9Add to the buttermilk.
- 10Pour over topping in pan.
- 11Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 12Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- 13Serve with whipped topping if desired.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down German Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.0
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 369.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 44.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g