Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious, fast and easy dish, using fresh or canned fruit. A family favorite , handed down through the generations.
- Heat the peaches in saucepan with 1/2 cup sugar, til good and hot.
- (if using canned peaches, don't add sugar).
- Melt butter in 2 qt baking dish.
- Mix dry ingredients for batter.
- Add 3/4 cup milk, beating until all the lumps are gone.
- Pour batter onto melted butter.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Spoon hot peaches onto the batter.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- The batter will have risen to the top, making a beautiful golden crust.
- serve warm with cream or ice cream.
- This is also good with plums, boysenberries, apricots etc.
I made this recipe for my sister-in-law, because she loves peaches. I had my doubts about it, even as it was baking, but it came out great! I used canned peaches in lite syrup, and I added some vanilla & a little cinnamon to the batter. Quick & easy to make, and tastes very good.
This was so simple. I had a whole bunch of fresh peaches that were too ripe and had to use them. I made this for my hubby and he absolutely loved it. I followed the recipe exactly and have to admit that a little vanilla or cinnamon may add to it, but by far a five star recipe.
Joyce, this is just divine. I used fresh peaches (only way to go in my opinion). Couldn't have been easier. The crust was buttery and the filling was mouth watering. I added a dollop of whipped cream on top. Total yum!! Thanks ;)