This is different! Prep time includes browning the sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes, optional
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (can use more)
- 8 ounces hot cooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- chopped fresh parsley
- parmesan cheese
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large oven-proof skillet brown the sausage; drain fat.
- 3Add in the chopped onion, garlic, oregano and dryed chili flakes (if using); cook until tender.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, breaking them up with a fork slightly; bring to a boil, then season with salt and pepper.
- 5Simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in Mozzarella cheese.
- 7Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, or more, if desired over tomato mixture (do not mix in).
- 8In a bowl mix together, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese 3 eggs, melted butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 9Toss the noodles with the egg/Parmesan mixture.
- 10Spread the noodle mixture over Parmesan cheese in the skillet.
- 11Place in a 350 degree oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- 12Invert (turn over) onto a serving plate.
- 13Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- 14Cut into wedges OR squares and serve.
- 15Note: this recipe may be made with ground beef instread of Italian sausage.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Fettuccine Bake
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.5
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 263.4 mg
- Sodium 1233.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 31.7 g