Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A different way for a one-pan pasta dish.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (hot or sweet)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) canned diced tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning, crushed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 0.5 (1 lb) package fettuccine, cooked
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- additional parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven heats, brown sausage in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet, crumbling sausage as it cooks; drain and discard fat. Add onion to skillet; cook until tender. Stir in tomatoes salt, pepper and oregano; bring to a boil. Simmer 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over meat mixture; don't mix.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, margarine, parsley and garlic powder. Toss hot noodles with egg mixture. Spread noodle mixture over meat mixture in skillet. Transfer to preheated oven; bake 25 minutes.
- Invert skillet onto serving platter; lift off skillet. Sprinkle top with additional parmesan cheese. Cut into wedges and serve.