A different way for a one-pan pasta dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (hot or sweet)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) canned diced tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning, crushed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 0.5 (1 lb) package fettuccine, cooked
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- additional parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2While oven heats, brown sausage in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet, crumbling sausage as it cooks; drain and discard fat. Add onion to skillet; cook until tender. Stir in tomatoes salt, pepper and oregano; bring to a boil. Simmer 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over meat mixture; don't mix.
- 3Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- 4Combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, margarine, parsley and garlic powder. Toss hot noodles with egg mixture. Spread noodle mixture over meat mixture in skillet. Transfer to preheated oven; bake 25 minutes.
- 5Invert skillet onto serving platter; lift off skillet. Sprinkle top with additional parmesan cheese. Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Fettuccine Bake
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 880.9
- Calories from Fat 517
- Total Fat 57.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 322.0 mg
- Sodium 1319.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 41.2 g