Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from the Starkist tuna company. Cute new take on deviled eggs.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 (3 ounce) flavor fresh pouch Starkist tuna (Albacore or Chunk Light)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- pimiento, stars or cherry tomatoes or parsley sprigs or grapes, sliced or lemon slices or carrots, slices or sliced ripe olives
- Remove shells from eggs. With a small sharp knife cut eggs lengthwise into halves.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out yolks; place in a small bowl.
- Stir in mayonnaise, yogurt, tuna and dill weed until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle shredded lettuce on a serving plate to make a nest. Spoon filling into cavities of egg whites; place filled-side down on lettuce.
- Garnish whites with suggested garnishes.
I did this for a starter and everyone loved it. It is very easy to do and looks good.