1/2 Photos of Upside-Down Date Pudding
This sweet and tasty dessert came from a cookbook put out by Dorothy Mengering, mother of Late Night talk show host David Letterman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- 2Put the dates in a small bowl. Top with 1 cup boiling water and set aside.
- 3In another small bowl blend 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and egg. Beat well.
- 4In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add to egg/sugar mixture alternately with cooled date mixture.
- 5Pour batter into an 8x12x2 inch baking dish. Pour brown sugar sauce evenly over batter.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cut into squares and invert to serve. Top each serving with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Date Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 179.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g