Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Chocolate, cream cheese, pecans and coconut - how bad can it be? From verybestbaking.com.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F
- Line bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Grease paper and sides of pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, nuts and coconut evenly on bottom of pan.
- PREPARE cake mix according to package directions.
- Carefully spoon batter over ingredients in prepared pan.
- HEAT cream cheese and butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat until melted (mixture may not appear smooth).
- Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle mixture over cake batter.
- BAKE for 45 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of chocolate portion comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert onto wire rack.
- Carefully remove paper.
- Cool completely.
- Carefully transfer to serving platter.
We call this Earthquake Cake and it is out of this world. It's a family favorite, a requested recipe for many potlucks and the kids love it. Thanks for posting!!!