1/1 Photo of Upside Down Chocolate Chip Cake
A nice moist chocolate cake with a different kind of "icing"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup hot coffee
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray 9 inch round cake pan with non stick cooking spray (Pam).
- 3Add butter(for the topping) in the cake pan and place in preheated oven until butter has melted (1 minute).
- 4Add remaining topping ingredients to pan and set aside. Make sure it is evenly spread over the bottom of the pan.
- 5In bowl sift flour, salt baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and sugar.
- 6In separate bowl whisk together vegetable oil, milk, egg and vanilla.
- 7Add to dry ingredients mix well.
- 8Add hot coffee mix well.
- 9Pour over nut mixture in cake pan.
- 10Bake 25-30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- 11Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- 12Invert on to cake plate add milk chocolate chips, while cake is still warm so they melt a bit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down Chocolate Chip Cake
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.8
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 395.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g