Recipe by DMSawan
I was looking at a recipe on this site, decided to get creative and this is what I came up with. My son loves his chocolate, I had cherries that I didn't want to go bad, and went with other things that I had on hand, thought they would go together...and this is what I came up with. Smells wonderful when it is cooking. It doesn't taste real sweet,
- Pam cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb red cherries, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (250 g) package chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8 or 9 in square pan with Pam.
- Line bottom of pan with pitted cherry halves.
- Cover cherry halves with 1/2 of the coconut and the 1 c of white chocolate chips.
- Prepare cake mix as directed, in a bowl place cake mix, add 2 eggs, !/3 c water and 1/3 c oil. Mix well. Add in rest of coconut.
- Pour cake mix over cherry mixture in pan.
- Place in oven for 30 - 40 minutes.
- When done, place on cake plate, by going around edges with knife and then place pan upside down on cake plate, serve with ice cream while warm if desired or with whipped cream.