I was looking at a recipe on this site, decided to get creative and this is what I came up with. My son loves his chocolate, I had cherries that I didn't want to go bad, and went with other things that I had on hand, thought they would go together...and this is what I came up with. Smells wonderful when it is cooking. It doesn't taste real sweet,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray 8 or 9 in square pan with Pam.
- 3Line bottom of pan with pitted cherry halves.
- 4Cover cherry halves with 1/2 of the coconut and the 1 c of white chocolate chips.
- 5Prepare cake mix as directed, in a bowl place cake mix, add 2 eggs, !/3 c water and 1/3 c oil. Mix well. Add in rest of coconut.
- 6Pour cake mix over cherry mixture in pan.
- 7Place in oven for 30 - 40 minutes.
- 8When done, place on cake plate, by going around edges with knife and then place pan upside down on cake plate, serve with ice cream while warm if desired or with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down Chocolate Cherry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.7
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 276.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g