Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Yes, sounds weird and looks like a lot of time to prepare such a little dessert. Don't be fooled. These little beauties will be great for your next dinner party because they are individual servings and need to be made in advance to let them cool after baking, and the ingredients are relatively convenient. The "cheese" is added just before serving.
- 1 roll refrigerated pie crust (from a box of two)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- maraschino cherry, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Soften the pie crust according to package directions and unroll. Using a 3 1/2 inch round cutter (or glass, whatever you have about that size), cut 6 round pieces of dough.
- Spray a muffin pan and place each round in a cup. Fill with pie filling about 2/3 full. (Remember to leave a bit of room for the cheese!).
- Bake for approximately 15-17 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Allow to cool and store in an air-tight container until time for serving.
- Before preparing the "cheese", fill a bowl with hot water (tap hot is fine) and set the unopened jar of marshmallow cream in it. This helps to soften the cream allowing it to come out of the jar easier.
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the powdered sugar and continue to mix. When completely combined, add the softened marshmallow cream. Refrigerate until needed.
- To assemble: place a tart on the serving plate. Generously spoon on the cheese mixture. Garnish with a cherry on top.