Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A scrumptious upside down cake. I could eat the topping all by itself. Yummy!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Topping: Combine the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, butterscotch chips, coconut, and pecans.
- Spread over bottom of a buttered 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Cake: Cream shortening with granulated sugar until light.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Into another bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Beat for about 1 minute longer then pour over the topping.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until the cake bounces back when touched lightly with finger.
- Cool for 5 minute in the pan; invert carefully onto serving plate, spooning any topping left in the pan over the cake; cut into squares.
darlene made this but used a cake mix great cake
Pretty much followed the recipe, though I did make sure the pecans were roasted to bring out their flavor! The cake is definitely, & definitely delicious! You need a butterscotch fix, here it is! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]