Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Seen on facebook; original recipe can be found at http://www.culinary.net/recipes/RecipeDetail.aspx?ID=7833. Sounds like something my grandchildren will like! Make this more savory by adding a bit of minced onion, minced green pepper, or chives to the egg mixture! I plan to try this with some tomato jam! Add a salad and you have lunch, or dinner!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (a few grinds)
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese or cheese, of your choice
- 6 fully cooked sausage patties or 6 fully cooked vegetable sausage patties
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk pancake mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- pure maple syrup or syrup or jam, of your choice
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F If using glass custard cups, reduce heat to 350°F.
- Coat 6 muffin cups, or glass custard cups generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine eggs, salt and pepper, and optional cheese of your choice!
- Divide evenly between prepared muffin cups.
- Top with sausage patty.
- Whisk pancake mix and water together in medium bowl until smooth. Pour evenly over sausage.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (If you add a bit of minced onion, green peppers, or chives to the egg mixture, add one minute to the bake time.).
- Cool 2 minutes. Invert onto baking sheet.
- Sprinkle immediately with cheese, if desired (if you didn't add them to the eggs!).
- Serve warm with syrup, or jam of your choice, if desired.
- NOTE: Make this more savory by adding a bit of minced onion, minced green pepper, or chives to the eggs, before adding to the muffin cups! Add a salad and make it lunch or dinner!